For any use of my photos, please contact me at monika.wieland (at) gmail (dot) com

Monday, January 12, 2009

Way of the Whales Workshop


For those of you in this part of the world, I wanted to let you know that on Saturday, January 24th I'll be giving a talk at the annual Way of the Whales Workshop on Whidbey Island. I will be sharing photographs and observations of the local orcas, but there will be several other fantastic talks as well. Learn about current research on everything from toxins in the salmon the whales depend on to new research on Alaskan transient whales. Or, the one I'm personally the most excited to hear, the talk on primitive whales and fossils found in Washington State. Best of all, the whole day is only $20! For more information or to register, check out the events page from Orca Network. Thanks to Orca Network for organizing all this and inviting me to speak, and I hope to see some of you there.

1 comment: